How Do I Know If My Pipes Have Frozen and/or Burst?
Your home’s plumbing is one of its most important functions. Without your plumbing functioning properly, perhaps due to a broken pipe, everyday life at home will be substantially affected. One obvious sign of a burst pipe is a huge water leak, but there are other, more subtle signs that your home’s plumbing may have a burst pipe:
- Discolored Water. Discolored water coming out of your spigots and faucets can be a sign of a burst pipe. If you have a burst pipe it will rust over time and get dirt in the line as well, which will result in discolored water throughout your plumbing system.
- Mold. As we all know, mold often develops in a home thanks to unwanted moisture. Therefore, a mold infestation in your home may be a sign of a burst pipe dispersing moisture where it shouldn’t be.
- Strong Odor. A strong odor coming from your home’s plumbing system can be a sign of a burst pipe. In the event your home plumbing is smelly throughout your home, you should contact the professionals at Plumb Crazy, Inc.
- Unexplained Increase in Water Bill. If your consumption habits are unchanged, and your water bill is continually rising, it may be due to your plumbing system overworking itself to make up for a burst pipe. Plumb Crazy, Inc. technicians have the capability and expertise to locate the inefficiency, whether it’s a burst pipe or not, and repair it so that your plumbing is working at optimum efficiency.
- Water Marks on Walls. A telltale sign of a burst pipe is water marks on walls or ceilings in your Northern Virginia home. Oftentimes pipes run behind the walls of your home. If there is a burst pipe in your system causing a leak, water marks will likely be left on your wall.
- Water Pressure Fluctuates. Burst pipes can cause severe fluctuations in water pressure throughout your home. One moment there may hardly be any water coming from your showerhead, and in the very next moment water may blast through the showerhead forcefully.
Regardless of your home plumbing issue at hand, Plumb Crazy, Inc. expert technicians will determine your needs before any work is done, so you can make the best decision.
If you need broken or frozen pipe repair in Loudoun county VA, turn to our team at Plumb Crazy. We offer round-the-clock emergency plumbing services – call now! 703-777-2483 or 703-430-3534.
You can also email us to request service and get your “Plumbing Done Right!”.